About Me

I'm a realist, simply put. This blog will be everything but "fake" or "kosher". It is what it is.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Dear Mr. President

Dear Mr. President,
     I remember when you announced your campaign for office. Black people everwhere cheered, smiled, laughed, cried; because it was finally due time for us to get a black man in the white house. When you actually won the presidency, it was definitely a historic moment to remember and I am proud to say that I was around to witness history BUT once the buzz died down, then came time to get down to business and as far as I'm concerned you ARE NOT living up to everyone's expectations.

     Believe me Mr. President, I understand that shit was fucked up upon you coming into office and you have a heavy load on your shoulders BUT your campaign for "Change" and how adamant you were about it is what really fucked you up. People had such high expectations of you and really put all their hope into you. Your campaign slogan combined with you being the ultimate change, a black man, made people really believe that you'd be better than the average president. They were wrong... and so was I.

     To your credit you did say that it would take longer than 8 years (2 terms) to fix our economy BUT one would think that some legit shit would be popping off by now. No, I cannot go into detail about all the things that you have done, but I will say that if were still in a "recession" shit hasn't got too much better from what you have done. We need effects that we can feel... RIGHT NOW, not tomorrow or the next day. The recession is here, it's not something that may happen in the future, is prominent and in effect now, people needed help not today but yesterday and like most presidents you are not able to provide a "fix it now" pill, that makes everyone's problems go away.

     Today, Mr. President, my cousin says to me "Yesterday, was our presidents birthday," and you know what I said... "Who cares." She was seriously shocked and appalled, saying "He's our president, you should care," and I replied, "Why because he's black, I never cared about any other presidents birthday, so why should I care about his?" That's where people, mainly black, get their thinking fucked up. Why should I view you any differently than I've viewed any other president. Because your black? I already fucked in liking you from jump because your black... and let me add for all the people who will feel the need to say it, your only half. I believe, Mr. President, that if you weren't of the African American persuasion people would not be riding so hard for you. In, fact I know they wouldn't and I've now realized that regardless of your race, your no different than any other president.

      You came in on this big precedence of change and instead of taking you like we should have, people thought you were superman and you could make shit happen for us now, but Mr. President, superman is what you are not. Your no different than any other president/politician we've ever had before... your skin is just a few shades darker. Your a bullshitter like the rest, a manipulator like the rest, a good speaker like most of the rest, a "family" man like the rest... nothing major sets you apart from the rest besides your skin tone... and that's no longer enough to win you kudo points. 

     Mr. President, I know that you or others may read this and think "Damn, this bitch must really not like me/him," but that's not true. The difference is I now like you no more or no less than I've ever liked or will like the average president, bc that is what you are, an average president. Until you show me some spectacular shit you've done, besides catching Osama, that specifically benefits our people as a whole, I will keep this view of you.
       I'ma keep is ONE HUNDRED though, come next election, I will be voting for you, just off the fact that I like knowing that a black family is running the white house BUT you being black will no longer make me like YOU or turn my cheek to the fact that the campaign slogan you ran on was a piece of bullshit... JUST LIKE ALMOST ALL THE OTHER PRESIDENTS WERE. 

Sincerly, 
MzBwnSkn 
*NOTE* Love me or hate me for this one folks... I had to take it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment